GEO in the News
Explore, discover and read about what’s current and innovative in GEO across Canada.
When the COVID-19 pandemic emerged in Canada, the Canadian geospatial community mobilized, leveraging data to help monitor the virus’s spread, develop containment strategies, and assess the status of Canada’s health care system capacity.
Discover key geospatial data and information used to actively monitor spring ice break-up and flooding and provide critical, near real-time information to improve authorities’ situational awareness and keep Canadians safe.
Explore our extensive map gallery. See what’s possible. Reuse what’s already been created. Get inspired. Create and share your own custom map!
Natural Resources Canada releases
Stay in touch by subscribing to our RSS Feed
- New LiDAR Point Clouds product: Canada as you've never seen it before! January 11, 2023
- Are you interested in historic flood events? NRCan team publishes Historical Flood Events Data Layer November 2, 2022
- New LiDAR-derived data available on Open Maps! June 20, 2022
- Atlas of Canada – New World Map 2021! December 13, 2021
- New High-Resolution Digital Elevation Model and building footprints derived from LiDAR data available on Open Maps ! November 9, 2021
- High-Resolution Digital Elevation Model (HRDEM) generated from LiDAR – New data available! June 20, 2021
- National Hydro Network (NHN) - 45 new watersheds (WS) April 7, 2021
- New Automatically Extracted Buildings are available on Open Maps! February 8, 2021
- High-Resolution Digital Elevation Model Mosaic: a new product to explore Canada in 3D! December 14, 2020
- National Hydro Network (NHN) - 245 new watersheds (WS) October 20, 2020